Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birds don't sow or reap

Today was the first day of my challenge to name 1000 gifts that God gives to me. I was excited to see what would jump out in front of me this morning to be my first one.  But that's not how I found it. I was waiting in car-rider line to drop my youngest son off at preschool. As I was sitting, I glanced out my window at the empty church parking lot and there I saw a bird pecking the ground finding food. At first, it didn't mean anything but then I was reminded of the verses in Matthew: " Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" ~ Gift #1: a quiet, I almost missed it, reminder of His goodness to me!

3 comments:

  1. Gin,
    Trying to put a pic on, but can't get it to work. Need help! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to figure out how to post a picture. As soon as i do, i will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ginny! Love your blog! I have heard from several people how great this book is! I think I will have to pick it up and start reading! Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete